Back to All Practice Areas
Class Action Defense
Class action claims are time-consuming, document-intensive cases that pose many challenges. We provide comprehensive, forward-thinking representation to businesses nationwide to help our clients avoid certification, minimize costs and reach favorable settlements. Our litigation strategies and proactive case management techniques ensure we are prepared to aggressively seek the best outcomes, no matter how large the class or how serious the stakes are.
We’ve seen it all — from first-party automobile insurance benefits to claims for property damage benefits under homeowner insurance policies— our lawyers have served as lead counsel in high-profile matters. Our highly experienced team provides an advantage in class action defense, combining significant experience directing far-reaching, voluminous discovery with the most appropriate technology to develop databases and defense strategies tailored to each case.
Success in defending class action suits:
- Experience representing clients in certification hearings.
- Intimate knowledge and experience in the unique court rules and procedures related to class action suits.
- Resources and technology to handle the most document-intensive cases.
- Responsive positioning to defeat certification.
- Strategic analysis to defend class action certification efforts.
- Thorough understanding of each client’s business.
We have represented clients in many industries including:
- Employers’ collection actions: wage and hour, FLSA
- Financial institutions
- Insurance companies
- Product manufacturers
Further, we are extremely familiar with the specific court rules and procedures in class actions and are prepared to assess risk and advise the best course of action throughout the process. We understand that the stakes are high, and your reputation is at risk. Therefore, we work diligently through the intricacies of the state and federal law relationship while keeping clients fully informed and part of the process.