- 3-5 years of experience as a litigator, to include experience with complex litigation
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Ability to develop and implement case strategies
- Desire to build client relationships and collaborate with talented team
We are expanding our team and are looking for an experienced litigation attorney. This position will focus on complex litigation matters involving products liability and transportation litigation. Ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills with a proven track record of independently managing files. The required skillset includes experience with:
- Brief writing
- Drafting pleadings
- Responding to written discovery
- Legal Research and writing
- Handling files independently
- Interfacing with clients
- Taking depositions
- Strategizing creatively and collaboratively with a practice group or client team
- Presenting arguments before a judge and/or jury
About the firm:
Haws-KM, a collegial, mid-sized firm, offers attorneys the opportunity to work on complex and high stakes matters with exceptional clients and experts. Our practice places a premium on and values high standards of achievement, quality, analytical ability and drive for excellence. We have an outstanding team of attorneys, paralegals and staff with which to work and prepare cases.
We have a very pleasant work environment and offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, including a hybrid work option, dress for your day policy, paid parking and fitness center access. Haws-KM is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and providing mentorship for our team.
A minimum of 3 years of private practice experience is required and ability to independently handle files.
Haws-KM is a great firm for associates to build a rewarding and successful career.
- Our associates work in a positive, pleasant environment where the firm’s values and goals are clearly defined.
- Substantive work is assigned to associates early on in their careers.
- New associates have the unique opportunity to work directly with clients on dynamic and sophisticated legal matters.
Haws-KM recognizes that a team approach is the best way to provide the highest level of client service. Associates gain valuable legal skills and experience from the numerous opportunities afforded them to work on trials and special projects alongside shareholders, as well as other associates.
Haws-KM offers its lawyers a strong professional development program. Associates are encouraged to maximize their individual career growth potential. The firm strives to ensure that associates receive the training, mentoring and support they need to succeed at the highest levels.
- Associates have daily, informal interaction with their peers and shareholders in their practice groups.
- The firm’s Associate Training and Mentoring Committee organizes monthly attorney lunches where educational programming and informative sessions are presented by members of the firm, experts, consultants, and the judiciary.
- Associates are encouraged to attend Continuing Legal Education (CLE) seminars to help them hone their skills and further enhance their knowledge applicable to their practice.
- Associates are taught the importance of cultivating strong and meaningful relationships with both clients and professional staff.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience.
- Salary increases are based on the associate’s demonstrated:
- Legal skills
- Hard work
- Client relationships
- File management
- Mentoring relationship
- Dedication to the firm as a team player
- Respect for all the firm’s employees
- Participation in community service and professional associations
- Access to a discretionary annual bonus plan
Haws-KM offers our associates a highly competitive and comprehensive suite of benefits, including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Flex benefit plan (e.g., day care, out of pocket medical)
- Long term care insurance
- Life and disability, accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Firm sponsored short term disability insurance
- Voluntary supplemental short term disability insurance
- Voluntary accident and critical illness policy
- Fitness and wellness program:
- On-site fitness center
- Discounts to fitness club memberships provided through health insurance
- Paid parking
- Portable device allowance
- Monthly data plan allowance
- 401(k) plan
- Paid bar association dues and CLE expenses