Back to All Attorneys
William L. Moran
Bill is a distinguished litigator with an accomplished track record advising clients through complex product liability cases and commercial litigation claims. He has successfully obtained hundreds of positive verdicts and has gained a national reputation representing consumer commercial and industrial product manufacturers, retailers, commercial real estate companies, financial institutions, and insurers.
More About William
He has deep expertise in defending businesses in product liability cases involving playground equipment, disposable lighters, aviation, industrial machinery, building products, construction defects, insurance fraud, class actions, and more.
His national practice includes work representing clients in the state courts of Minnesota and federal district courts in Minnesota, Nebraska, the Western District of Wisconsin, the United States Courts of Appeals for the 7th and 8th Circuits, and the United States Supreme Court. Bill has also appeared pro hac vice in state and federal courts in over 30 states. He has repeatedly been named as a Minnesota Super Lawyer and has an AV®* Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating in the distinguished legal directory, Martindale-Hubbell.*
He is a frequent lecturer and author for continuing education programs, seminars, and law school classes. Bill is a former Associate Editor and contributing author for Minnesota Defense (the publication of the Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association).
Back to All Attorneys
- Aviation Litigation
- Class Action Defense
- Business and Transactional
- Employment Litigation
- Financial Services and Business Litigation
- Insurance Related Litigation
- Product Liability Defense
- Real Estate
- Toxic Torts
- State of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States
- J.D., cum laude, William Mitchell College of Law
- B.A., with honors, St. John’s University
Outside of the Office
Bill is a renowned traveler, frequently exploring new destinations both domestically and abroad. His favorite travel companion is his beautiful wife of more than 35 years. Bill also enjoys regular running and biking excursions with his neighborhood group and exploring the many trails and lakes of the City of Minneapolis.